We will thoroughly sanitize each bike before and after patrons dismount, with a focus on cleaning high-touch surfaces. Our staff will be wearing masks and we have some protective screens for the driver to keep you and our staff safe! We will have hand sanitizer on board to use as needed!
Passengers must be a minimum of 18 years of age for all tours. Pedaling passengers ideally should be at least 5′ tall to comfortably reach the pedals. Shorter passengers are still welcome to ride but are encouraged to take a non-pedal seat or the back bench seat.
Under Stage 2 of Alberta’s relaunch, there has been applied slightly more flexibility for cohort groups where members of one household can partner with other households to create a cohort family, up to 15 people maximum. So family is best, but very close friends that you have associated with prior to, are permitted as well. For your safety, we just ask that those is in higher risk categories (seniors, immune deficient) hold off on riding for now.
Our ride capacity is 12 people per bike. There are 10 pedaling seats, plus two seats over the rear axles that are non-pedaling. The bench at the back seats 2-3 people.
– YES! Yes, you can! But we have a few rules…
– Beer, Cider & Spiked Soda’s are only available for purchase at time of booking. You may NOT bring your own liquor to drink on the bike tour.
– You must purchase your drinks in advance. There will be no cash sales on the bike with COVID restrictions.
– We will need to check photo ID’s so please remember to bring them along.
Beer/drinks are not included. However, you may pre-purchase your beverage packs during the booking process. If we do have dedicated stops, we have negotiated various drink discounts and you will receive front-of-the-line service from our partners at each location along the way.
Unfortunately, contact on the bike between riders is not encouraged. As much as this pains us to say it… high fives, hugs and handshakes are currently on hold or now. Cheering, laughing and singing are still cool though!
– A non-medial mask is encouraged but not required.
– Cash, it gets you a beer a lot faster and it’s more convenient once we get to the locations if you are on a stopping tour.
– Your ID to ensure you can enjoy a nice cold one at each stop.
– A generous hand… if you’ve enjoyed your ride or your experience at our stops, tips are welcomed by our bike guides and our partner’s bartenders.
For Cancellations more than 30 days prior to the tour date: Full refund
For Cancellations less than 30 days prior to the tour date: Rain check provided, valid until the end of the season.
For Cancellations less than 7 days prior to the tour date: No refund or rain check available. If the tour is canceled by Urban Pedal Tours we will provide a full refund or honor a booking for a future date.
All of our tours require a minimum of 8 participants to run. If we don’t meet the minimum we reserve the right to cancel or reschedule the tour.
With the weather in Alberta, you never know what you are going to get, but we ride rain or shine! If there is a severe weather warning, the guide will determine if it’s safe to continue. If there is snow on the ground, we do not ride and the tour will be cancelled. If the guide cancels your tour for snow or any other reason, you will be given the option to re-book or request a full refund.
Absolutely!! Pick from our playlists, or connect to our on-board Bluetooth stereo system, and lead the pack with your favorite beats!
Your safety is our primary concern. Our bikes are equipped with high back seats, handle bars, and hydraulic brakes to keep you comfortable and safe. We typically travel at an easy 8 km/h pace. You do not HAVE to wear a helmet, but if you would like to wear one, feel free to bring one along! Urban Pedal Tours will not provide any helmets.
– Dress for the weather! If you bring a jacket or sweater, you can store it in our cubby on the bike if you get too hot.
– We definitely recommend wearing shoes. DO NOT wear flip flops, open toed sandals or high heals.
– Pants or shorts are a better bet than a dress or skirt.